To provide administrative support for a series of online social events for autistic adults, and support the running of AMASE. This will include:
- Liaise with committee members and session facilitators to agree event scheduling and manage the AMASE calendar.
- Write information for the AMASE website and email newsletter to advertise events.
- Reply to email questions from people who are interested in attending the events.
- Send questionnaires to event attendees and collect their responses, making sure that their personal information is kept confidential.
- Liaise with the Treasurer and session facilitator to ensure payments are made and they have relevant event facilitation information.
- Experience of carrying out similar administrative tasks, in either a paid or voluntary role
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently to complete agreed tasks.
- You must have access to the equipment you need to carry out this work (e.g. computer/tablet, internet connection) because AMASE can’t provide this.
This is a contract role: you are responsible for your own tax obligations. For instance, you are registered self employed.
Hours and pay
The administrative assistant will work 12 hours per month and be paid £15 per hour. They will work from home and be able to choose when to carry out the work. Meetings with the AMASE committee will be scheduled at mutually convenient times and will be held online.
This role is funded by a Scottish Government for six months from the start date of the role, so it may not be possible for the role to continue after this date.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by Saturday January 30th 2021. The covering letter should be no more than 500 words and we would suggest that it includes the following:
- Examples of tasks that you have carried out in the past that are similar to the tasks required for this role (to show that you have relevant experience)
- Why you would like this role.
Autistic people are particularly encouraged to apply.