Helping autistic people to help each other
We are an Autistic People’s Organisation based in Edinburgh. All members are on the autistic spectrum, and our goal is to help autistic people make each other’s lives better through peer support, advocacy and education.
Full Membership of AMASE is open to autistic adults aged 16 and over in Edinburgh, Lothians and Fife, with members in other nearby areas admitted at the committee’s discretion. Those who don’t fit those criteria are eligible to be Associate Members, provided they support AMASE’s objectives. There is no joining fee. You can join here.
- We published a report on access to mental health services by autistic people in Scotland following a survey carried out in Spring 2018. View the report or a summary here.
- We organised Edinburgh’s first Autistic Pride Picnic on the Meadows on the 17th of June 2018.
- Read our open letter responding to the way the Scottish Government’s recent consultation on the Scottish Strategy for Autism has been conducted.
- We ran a highly successful series of workshops as part of the Festival of Creative Learning at Edinburgh University in February 2018.
- We have run Autistic-Led Late-Identification Groups for people who have realised in adult life that they are on the autistic spectrum, with support from Number 6.
- See our autistic glossary
Follow us on Twitter at @AmasEdin or email firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.